As we relax with a glass of red wine during this winter season here are some tips to keep teeth white and bright.
1) Use baking soda on a toothbrush to instantly neutralizes acids to protect enamel from erosion.
2) Wash out your mouth. As soon as you finish a glass of red wine or cup of coffee, rinse with water or brush your teeth.
3) Eat an apple or celery stock (organic if possible) for dessert. Malic acid and fiber naturally clean teeth making this produce the perfect ending to any meal.
4) Chew gum. Chewing sugarless gum (Spry being one of the safest due to their ingredients) can circulate saliva and help to clean the surface of your teeth.
5) Sip through a straw. Use a metal or hard plastic straw to protect teeth from stain-makers such as tea, coffee, colas, energy drinks, and red wine.
6) Avoid certain mouthwashes. Mouthwash may rinse away plaque, but certain brands contain cetylpyridinium chloride (CPC) and artificial colors that can stain or discolor teeth.
7) Maintenance is key! See your dentists every six mouths for a cleaning.